Chickens are farm animals which produce eggs. They are housed in chicken coops and unlocked during the game tutorial at Level 1.
Chickens have three main states: default, full and hungry:
They wear themed clothes and accessories during summer, Halloween and winter:
Chickens must be placed in chicken coops to be purchased. Coops cost 5 coins each.
They are unlocked at levels 1, 12 and 23. Each coop can house five chickens.
At level 1, chickens cost 20 coins each; at level 12, 140 coins; at level 20, 270 coins.
Chickens and chicken coops can be bought from the shop.
Eggs can be collected from chickens every 20 minutes. Players can skip the wait by paying 2 diamonds per chicken. Players must then give chickens chicken feed to get another harvest.
Chicken feed is made of:
- Making chicken feed only takes 5 minutes for 3 units. If you have two feed mills you can easily collect all your eggs and replenish your feed stock by the time the chickens are full again.
- Instead of collecting the eggs from the chickens every time they’re ready, you may decide to let the chickens sit on the eggs until they’re needed. That will keep precious barn storage space free for other items.
- If you decide to let the chickens sit on the eggs until they’re needed, you can sell the excess chicken feed instead. Chicken feed sells very quickly at the maximum price of 72 coins for every 10 feed.
- Eggs are usually advertised in the Daily Dirt, so eggs may not sell very well unless they’re sold at a lower price.
- Feeding farm animals and harvesting eggs are common tasks in derbies.