Hay Day Kitchen is back, and in this new episode we’re making delicious Lemon Cake to celebrate the arrival of Spring time!
We’ve prepared delicious recipe and video, so you can follow along step-by-step. Go ahead, give it a try!
• 2 Lemons
• 2 cups Icing sugar
• 2 Eggs
• 1/3 cup Butter
• 5 Eggs
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1 cup Flour
• 2 tsp Baking powder
• 2 tbsp Butter
• ½ cup Lemon curd
• ½ cup Cream
• 1 cup Butter (soft; room temperature)
• 4 cups Icing sugar
• 1 Lemon (zest)
• 3 tbsp Milk
• 1 Lemon
• 4 tbsp Lemon curd
• 1/8 cup White chocolate (grated)
– Prep time: 4 h
– Servings: 8-10 slices
– Equipment: Mixing bowls, measuring spoons and cups, electric mixer, two 7-inch springform cake pans, wooden spoon, sauce pan, whisk, grater, sieve, cutting board, knife, bread knife, palette knife or spatula
Making the Lemon Curd:
• Wash lemons and grate the lemon zest into a sauce pan.
• Halve the lemons, and squeeze the juice through a sieve to sift out the seeds.
• Add icing sugar and eggs.
• Cut cold butter into small cubes and set aside.
• Place the sauce pan on the stove and cook lemon curd on low heat.
• Don’t stop whisking!
• When the surface starts to bubble, continue cooking for about a minute then remove saucepan from heat.
• Mix butter cubes into the warm curd little by little, as you keep whisking.
• Transfer lemon curd to a bowl, cover and let cool.
Making the Sponge Cake:
• Preheat the oven 175 C / 350 F.
• Measure flour and baking powder in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
• Beat eggs and sugar into a foam.
• Add the flour and baking powder mixture. Do not over mix; just until it is creamy.
• Grease 2 cake pans with butter, covering the bottoms with baking paper (or, butter and flour).
• Add batter evenly to the cake pans, and place in oven to bake for 20-25 min.
• Let them cool. Then, cut both cakes into half, to create 4 even layers.
Layering the Cake:
• Whip ½ cup of cream.
• On a plate, take the first layer of cake and spread 1/3 cream then a 1/3 lemon curd.
• Take the second cake and repeat.
• Continue staking the cake layers and filling. Carefully give the layers a gentle press to keep them even.
• Do not put fillings on the top of the cake.
• Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Making the Buttercream Icing:
• Zest lemon into a bowl and set aside.
• Whip soft butter and icing sugar until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
• Add the lemon zest and milk, and mix to combine.
Decorating the Cake:
• Remove cake from the fridge.
• Begin frosting the cake with just a little buttercream.
• Refrigerate cake for 20 min. Remove from the fridge – spread on the second layer of buttercream.
• Decorate the top with a layer of lemon curd.
• Garnish the sides of the cake with halved lemon slices.
• Finish with some grated white chocolate!
We’d love to see your own Lemon Cake! Submit a photo of your cake to our Fan Art Uploader: https://supr.cl/HayDayArtUploader
Subscribe for more videos ►► https://supr.cl/SubHayDay
Follow us on our Socials!
Hay Day Forums ►► https://supr.cl/HayDayForums
Hay Day Discord Chat ►► https://discord.gg/F7Bmubq
Hay Day Reddit ►► https://www.reddit.com/r/HayDay/
Hay Day Plushies and more ►► https://shop.supercell.com/collections/hay-day
Get Hay Day ►► https://supr.cl/GetHayDay
© Supercell Oy 2019