Getting diamonds on Hay Day can prove challenging initially, especially if you’re not willing to part with real cash. However, if you’re patient, you’ll amass quite a few to spend on things that count, like increasing the capacity of your farm machines to produce goods or to extend the amount of goods you can sell in the store.
Part 1 of 4: Game activities
- Watch out! If you’re playing without paying, your store of shovels and explosives can soon run down, so avoid selling these if at all possible, as you’ll need them for your own use.
Part 2 of 4: Lucky sources
Part 3 of 4: External sources of diamonds
- If you like competitions, Supercell (the game makers) sometimes runs them from Facebook and prizes may include diamonds.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll get quite a run of these, which can soon add up. A recent change allows you to choose to watch a set of movies in a row, with a slight chance of getting a diamond or a bigger chance of getting something else.
Part 4 of 4: Purchasing diamonds
- Be careful about what you spend your diamonds on. The few diamonds that you do have should be treated with great care, so as not to waste them on anything frivolous. Be strategic with how you part with your diamonds by assessing where their expenditure will get you the most value.
- Diamonds can also be made if you update following a request by the game makers to do so.
- If you like fast pace in a game, you’re liable to use diamonds to speed up crop and product production. This will drain the diamonds quickly, so you’ll either need to choose between real cash purchase of more diamonds or slowing down the pace somewhat. In the latter case, perhaps play the game less often and use other games in between for your speed need!
- Be careful to avoid accidentally hitting the areas of the game that allow for payment with diamonds. You’ll lose the diamond amount required and get an action performed that you might not have wanted. A common error with just the slip of the finger is accidentally pressing on the shop “sell now” icon, which releases your shop goods for sale immediately but loses you a diamond in the process. Since there is barely any waiting time for the goods to go live anyway, this diamond loss really isn’t worth the mistake.